Wednesday, November 28, 2007

where did my pot go?

In Tampa, Florida , a highway cleanup crew found 60 pounds of pot on the side of the road.   The Florida Highway Patrol says this pot has a $54,000 street value.  Some of the marijuana plants were freshly picked.  The marijuana was either thrown off the vehicle or it fell.  I'm siding with the later.  I'm not an expert on pot or any other illegal narcotic, but I don't think someone would let that much money go on purpose.  I know I wouldn't. 
 This story is humorous but sad.  Many people struggle with substance abuse problems.  These addictions have led to loss of relationships, job, and life.  What is the church doing to help these people?  In many cases, churches aren't doing anything.  It's easier to shun addicts than it is to help them.  I guess churches believe it's to messy of a process.  Didn't Jesus say that following him would be messy?  I believe he did.  Loving our neighbor includes loving those who struggle with addictions.  Jesus loves them.  Why can't we?Photo

Story and photo are courtesy of Yahoo.



No comments: