Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

I love chocolate and I love peppermint.  When these two are mixed together it is like heaven.  If you never had Peppermint Hot Chocolate you are missing out.  I suppose you would have to like chocolate and peppermint in order to enjoy this drink.  When the thick liquid hits your tongue, you can taste the sweetness of the chocolate and the crispness of the peppermint.  It is an amazing mixture.  It is like Christmas in a cup.

I must admit this beverage is one my guilty pleasures.  If this drink were alcoholic you could say I was addicted.  This drink is one of the many things I enjoy about Christmas.  When I sip this beverage, I am reminded of the many wonderful Christmases of the past.  I think of my grandfather dressing up as Santa Clause and giving us our gifts.  I am reminded of those trips to the Christmas tree farm to select the perfect tree.  I remember the Christmas Eve Services I attended.  Most of all I am reminded of what Christmas is really about.  The greatest thing about Christmas does not cup.  The greatest gift came in a filthy manger 2000 years ago.  That trumps Peppermint Hot Chocolate any day.

1 comment:

Terri Stratton said...

Oh my gosh, I love to stir my hot chocolate with candy canes. It's not bad in coffee either. Peppermint and Chocolate are two of my favorite things, too. We should have a party and only serve Hot Chocolate and Peppermint sticks. LOL